These were so delicious like I am talking I ate all of them in a very short period of time delicious. No, I did actually share them with my boyfriend who loved them too!
To be honest I really don’t eat or crave chocolate that much but I do like making my own and it was fun too, and I also wanted to create a recipe that you can make to replace that disgusting milk chocolate habit you probably have (even if its a secret I know you have it ha-ha).
At least with this chocolate recipe you can take the time to make it yourself and appreciate it for all its glory! And no need to feel guilty about it either!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
For ze chocolate
- 100g Raw Cacao Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 table spoon virgin organic coconut oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons coconut sugar (or agave or raw honey which ever you prefer)
For ze filling
- 1/3 cup Desiccated Coconut (raw and organic)
- 1 tablespoon cup Raw Organic Coconut Oil
- 1tbsp raw Coconut Sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1tsp Vanilla extract, or beans from 1 Vanilla pod
- Approx 10 fresh cherries, pitted and 6 or so fresh strawberries
WHAT TO DO
On very low heat, place the cacao butter and coconut oil in a bowl over a pan of water and melt gently (if you have a dehydrator you can use this instead). Once melted add raw cacao powder and mix well using a whisk (you can mix with a spoon, but a whisk will ensure a bar of smooth chocolate). Still on very low heat, add the sweetener, taste, and add more if you prefer a sweeter taste.
FOR THE FILLING
Mix the entire filling ingredients together in a blender, and blend quickly so there is still texture left in the mix, place your mixture into a square container lined with baking paper. Pack it in tight and flat and place in the freezer for 1 hour or so.
Take mixture out of the freezer and pull out with sides of the baking paper and cut into bars then dip into the chocolate mix (may have to do this 2-3 times to get a thick coating!) place in the fridge to set.
Then you can even have them for breakfast!